Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Winners Strategy....to clear AIPMT

Swarndeep Singh
cleared AIPMT in 2009

Follow a fixed study plan
Preparation strategy: I started preparing for medical almost a year in advance before I took the AIPMT. My strategy was to decide how many topics to do in a day, and complete them on time. I alternated between different subjects and chapters, studying different subjects on different days. I studied for about 14 hours a day and followed a fixed schedule, and made sure I would take a run in the park every morning to keep fit as well as energised for studies. Although I did take private coaching, I personally believe that the NCERT books are the best for medical preparation, specially for biology, as all questions in the test come from the NCERT books themselves. Thus I studied the NCERT books thoroughly, about three times each, and even read the old editions as these are very descriptive. I feel that about 10% of the question paper is from the old editions.

Hot tips for candidates taking the test
. Ensure you have covered the basic principles for each concept before tackling the questions
. Stick to learning from the NCERT books
. You should learn to manage your time well, and be sincere in studies
. Take practice tests after you have completed your study plan


Ankit Sangwan
AIPMT rank 400, DUMET rank 6

Regular studies helped
Preparation strategy: I always knew I would crack the exam — that’s what I kept repeating to myself every day when I got into gear for my preparations. Since my goal was set, one part of the preparation was taken care of. As far as studies go, I ensured that I was keeping up to date with the syllabus. Right after the Class 10 Boards, I started coaching for the pre-medical entrance exams. After taking it a little light in Class 11, I became extremely serious about the exam in Class 12. As I was in coaching classes four days of the week, I devoted more than seven hours to self-study in the remaining three days. When the entrance exams neared I paid special attention to revising the NCERT textbooks that helped me in acing the various exams. Also, the test series I had undertaken in the past helped me develop a proper strategy to attempt the exam. In all my exams I attempted biology first then chemistry and physics.

Hot tips for candidates taking the test

. Don’t forget to revise NCERT books
. Solve as many test papers as you can and record the time you take to finish the test
. Stay calm… don’t get nervous while writing the papers
. Take your time and don’t hurry to finish the exam, be attentive.
. Have faith in yourself

1 comment:

  1. how to get punctual and confident about our ability to crack aipmt,,,

    ReplyDelete